Ninety-five percent of our thoughts are the same thoughts as those of the day before. What dominates your thought patterns? If you want to change your life, you must change your thoughts. It is said, if you do what you have always done, you will get what you’ve always gotten. And, since we well know thoughts become things . . . if we think what we’ve always thought, we will continue to get what we’ve always gotten. You can expand your thoughts, you can expand your creativity—you can expand your life.
Some ways to tap into your natural, God given creativity—your self-expression:
1) Meditate/Pray—tap into your higher source, the all-knowing; it’s available at a moment’s notice.
2) Spend time in nature/walk—connect with nature and the natural gifts that surround you.
3) Journal/daydream—write your dreams, write some fiction, or simply write your days events; hand write, don’t type to really tap in.
4) Get up on the wrong side of the bed—switch the way you wake up, change the hand you brush your teeth with, undo your normal routine . . . change your patterns—change your life.
5) Travel/volunteer—get out of your normal element and experience how others live.
6) Brainstorm with others—our collective abilities often surpass your individual efforts; we build a collective vision—a group effort.
7) Music—it can change your energy quicker than almost anything; pick the music to pick your mood; try a new flavor of music you’ve never experienced.
8) Move your body—dance, stretch, exercise—clear your head and get in touch with your body.
9) Play as a child/with a child—remember when you were a kid and could play with your toys and dolls for hours making up all sorts of fun activities; recreate your childhood.
10) Paint/Pottery/Photography/Crafts—use your hands to create something physical, you don’t have to be an artist to create art.