If you need a quick energy shift, if your ever feeling blue, if you just want a pick-me-up . . .pay it forward. Don’t look for what you can get, look for what you can give. “Only what you are not giving can be lacking in any situation,” A Course in Miracles. Looking outside yourself for an external fix is only temporary. To bring your energy level up start from the inside and work your way out. Give something to someone else, do something for someone else, pay it forward to someone else.
Ways to pay it forward:
- Pay for the person behind you’s coffee.
- Give a heart-felt compliment.
- Tip a server double.
- Let someone in a rush cut in line.
- Write a note of acknowledgment to someone.
- Give a flower to the store clerk.
- Drop of donuts to elder care staff.
- Cut your neighbor’s grass.
- Smile at a stranger.
- Give a care package to a soldier.
- Pick up litter.